Sanctity of Human Life
History of Sanctity of Human Life:
On January 13, 1984, President Ronald Reagan issued a proclamation designating January 22, 1984 as the first National Sanctity of Human Life Day. January 22, 1973 was the day the US Supreme Court legalized abortion-on-demand in all 50 states. Churches around the US use the day to celebrate God’s gift of life, commemorate the many lives lost to abortion, and commit themselves to protecting human life at every stage.
Sanctity of Human Life is typically celebrated the closest Sunday to the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, but we celebrate it for the entire month. During this time, we gather together so churches can hear more about the issue of life and God’s heart about life; and our community can learn how they can become more engaged in protecting life in Rocky Mount and surrounding areas.
How Can I Partner with YCRC to Honor This Event:
- To highlight the sacredness of life, YCRC distributes bulletin inserts in local churches.
- Many Pastors and teachers give special Sunday school lessons and sermons.
- Many Christians prayerfully petition the Lord for mercy and humbly fast that the fundamental right to life will be honored in conception and until natural birth. CLICK HERE for a 21 Day Prayer Guide.
Become a financial partner
Donate services and material items for our Abundant Joy Boutique
Meet with our Director to learn more about the Center
Be a church liaison
The Center we will be hosting a Prayer Summit. We welcome you to participate. Please call us for details.
Below are some tools to educate and help you share about the Sanctity of Human Life:
- FOUR GOSPEL-CENTERED & NON-POLITICAL THINGS Every Pastor Can Do to Decrease the Impact of Abortion
- 2019 Abortion Facts for Pastors
- 31 Ways to be Pro Abundant Life
- 21 Days of Prayer for Life
- Valuing Life From the Start (age specific lessons for kids by Focus on the Family)
- Prayer Emphasis for Sanctity of Human life
- Why I am Prolife
- Students for Life
Go Deeper! Books to Read:
- The Case for Life by Scott Klusendorf
- Why Pro-Life: Caring for the Unborn and their Mothers by Randy Alcorn
- We Choose Life: Authentic Stories, Movements of Hope by Dave Sterrett
Get Involved! Videos to Watch, Discuss, and Pass on to Others:
- The Dignity of Human Life” by Focus on the Family
- An Adoption Story
- A Father’s Sacrifice” by Focus on the Family
- Can I Live?
- TED: "Conception to Birth - visualized" by Alexander Tsiaras
- Former Planned Parenthood Employee Abby Johnson
- Crescendo – A powerful pro-life film
- Abortion or Baby? Before You Decide
- We Got It Covered
- Center for Medical Progress: Investigative Videos
We are affiliated with the following organizations: