Statement of Principle
The YCRC Statement of Principle embodies the foundational operating policies of the YCRC and must be agreed to by all individuals directly involved with the ministry.
The YCRC Statement of Principle is as follows.
- Your Choice Resource Center is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, YCRC, embodied in its volunteers, is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to all those who come to us for services - both in word and in deed. Commensurate with this purpose, those who labor as YCRC board members, directors and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- YCRC is committed to providing clients with accurate and complete information about prenatal development and abortion.
- YCRC is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust, providing promised information and services, and avoiding any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with its clients.
- YCRC is committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provisions of God's people and the community at large women may face the future with hope and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
- YCRC does not discriminate in providing services because of the race, creed, color, national origin, age, marital status, or sexual orientation of its clients.
- YCRC does not recommend, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
- YCRC offers assistance free of charge at all times.
- YCRC is committed to creating an awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
- YCRC does not recommend, provide or refer single women for contraceptives. Unmarried women are educated appropriately concerning abstinence for contraceptives. (Married women seeking contraceptive information are urged to seek counsel, along with their husbands, from their pastor and physician.)
- YCRC recognizes the validity of adoption as an alternative to abortion, but is not biased toward adoption when compared to the other life-saving alternatives. Pregnancy centers interacting with independent adoption agencies shall assure that referrals are made in a manner that fully protects the interests of clients and avoids any conflicts of interest. Adoption agencies may only be established under the auspices of centers if they meet strict standards to assure that pregnancy clients shall be served without any conflicts of interest.
- YCRC seeks to aid women and men who are experiencing emotional problems following an abortion by offering compassionate consultations, which enable them to work through their loss, as well as information on post abortion syndrome.